It was 1954, and about 30 Florida A&M University freshmen sat in a classroom during orientation. A student in the back row, W. George Allen, was the first to stand up and introduce himself.
Protesters called Donald Trump Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle’s $50,000 visit to UF last month a waste of student funds. Now, they can add $10,000 to that bill.
Last month, hundreds protested Donald Trump Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle’s speaking event because they deemed their rhetoric as racist. Tuesday night, at least a hundred more gathered to protest conservative activist Charlie Kirk because they said his rhetoric wasn’t racist enough.
A week after about 11 people called for Student Body President Michael Murphy’s resignation during Senate, an SG senator emailed Murphy a resolution for his impeachment and handed it to him in his office Tuesday.
- 'Florida Icon': First black UF alumnus dies
- Gainesville noise leaves moths disoriented, study shows
- UF challenges spread of invasive species with new guide
- What happened to Freshman Leadership Council?
- Students speak out against plans for Architecture Atrium awning
- Students demand Student Body president’s resignation from SG at Senate meeting, some defend him
- Graduate Assistants United demands UF to revisit prize money policy
- Innovation Academy receives endowment for program’s first scholarship
- UF’s Mobile Outreach Clinic bus lost power driving uphill. Then it crashed into a ditch
- UF Mexican American Student Association remembers loved ones during Day of the Dead celebration
- ‘UF practically runs this town’: UF contributed $16 billion to state economy
- Hispanic Student Association hosting Spanish-language book drive
- ‘Losing him was like losing a limb’: Friends, family remember UF student killed in car crash
- Death of UF student raises questions about traffic video cameras
- After class registration glitch, UF student starts petition to fix ONE.UF
- Emails released between Student Body President and Donald Trump campaign official
- P.K. Yonge holds groundbreaking ceremony for new facility to open in 2020
- Student Government senators draft resolution supporting sexual assault survivors
- UF joins national alliance to increase STEM faculty diversity
- UF engineering team wins $2 million, but may not keep the prize money
- RecSports to limit number of non-students who can play in Spring
- Learn about UFO and ghost sightings in this new UF class in Spring
- Krishna lunch transitions to new compostable materials