Laura Rutledge and Tim Tebow announced SEC Nation was heading to Jacksonville to be on-site for the Gators’ matchup against Georgia. Rutledge, a UF graduate, made clear that the name of the rivalry has never been set in stone in a video posted to Twitter.
The 2018 Gators — despite what you saw on the field in the first half of their 37-27 win over Vanderbilt — are a good football team. Good football teams respond after an opponent with inferior talent goes up 18. Good football teams win consecutive ball games against ranked SEC opponents.
Every part of Saturday’s game seemed to break the Vanderbilt Commodores’ way before No. 11 Florida rallied to edge out their conference rivals 37-27 in Nashville, Tennessee.
More Football Stories
- Gators show offensive prowess in come-from-behind victory against Vandy
- Looking back at some “bold” predictions
- Florida tries to avoid "trap game" against Vanderbilt
- Gators 2019 commit talks recruitment, coaching changes
- The curious case of C.J. McWilliams
- Stephens receiving chance to shine in his final season
- Under pressure: Franks needs more time
- This was a different kind of win for Florida
- Polite, Joseph fuel Gators defense in win against LSU
- UF pulls off upset in intense home environment
- Tiger Watch: Q&A with LSU’s student newspaper
- alligatorSports Picks: Week 6
- Florida-LSU is the Gators’ most underrated rivalry
- The DBUs will have to depend on their D-Lines
- Reese’s Pieces: David Reese’s ankle injury no longer holding him back