The UF softball team was trying to avoid the sweep as it trailed 3-0 in the sixth inning on Saturday. Sophia Reynoso and Alex Voss stood on second and third with one out, presenting Florida’s best scoring opportunity of the day against Alabama.
Kendyl Lindaman faced a 3-2 count against Alabama pitcher Sarah Cornell with two outs in the fifth during the second game of Friday night’s doubleheader.
The biggest issue that the Florida softball team has faced this season has been getting offensive production from players not named Amanda Lorenz or Kendyl Lindaman.
The Florida softball team faces No. 4 Florida State (38-7) on Wednesday, the first game of a brutal stretch of its schedule where it plays four games in four days against top-five opponents. The Gators (36-9) are coming off a sweep of Texas A&M and are on a seven-game winning streak.
More Softball Stories
- Barnhill and Lorenz go 1-2 in NPF College Draft
- Gators sweep Texas A&M to win seventh-straight
- Gators take first road SEC series of season in 8-3 win
- Seven-run first carries Gators past Aggies
- Rivalry renewed: Gators visit Texas A&M for weekend series
- Gators win pitchers’ duel against USF
- Gators prepare to host USF on Wednesday
- UF softball isn't WCWS team right now
- Florida wins all three over error-ridden Arkansas
- Gators run-rule Arkansas to clinch first SEC series win of the season
- Mann helps Gators to victory over Arkansas
- Florida stumbles into series vs Arkansas after loss to No. 3 FSU
- Kicking the Bucket: Gators fall to FSU, lose third-straight
- Florida needs to make changes before FSU game
- Florida falls to Rebels, drops third-straight SEC series
- Gators drop game 2 against Ole Miss on walk-off grand slam
- Gators take Game 1 against Rebels in 15-inning marathon
- Gators travel to Ole Miss for weekend series
- Gators rout Bethune-Cookman with run-rule win
- UF sticking with new batting order ahead of the Wildcats